Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Fixing a KRK 10s Subwoofer PCB..

Hello!

I'm trying to fix a KRK Systems 10S Subwoofer

Currently, a few resistors look like they blew, and another black 3 pronged component.

Here are a few pictures of the trouble area:

1) Top Pic



2) Another view on the other side.. Notice at the bottom of the "C3206-YKQ26".. Some green foam or oxidation....



3) So here's a closer pic of the 2 resistors in question that would need to be replaced.



Anyone know a good source to purchase these 3 parts?

The 2 resistors, and the C3206-YKQ26 component - it's a 3 pronged item.

I'm just getting my INNOVA - 3320 VM meter warmed up to muster up some troubleshooting skills.

Initially there was a 1N4148 Diode that was bad on this board but I replaced that and then noticed this area....


Short History:  This sub was working with some intermittent crackle when turning it on.
I noticed the bad diode, and sprayed it with contact cleaner, then it came apart, I re-installed the new one (it was good as I tested it prior to install), then after re-assembly the Sub gets power (light goes on), but there's no sound...


Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)


No comments:

Post a Comment